Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wrapping up.

Last weekend we took a total of 20 students to the Student Conference in the capital city. We had an amazing trip! 5 of them were nonbelievers and they seemed a little nervous about going, considering 4 of them had never been to anything like church before. The fact that they even wanted to come was awesome enough, but watching them learn so much about The Truth & hearing them sing worship songs to our God was truly amazing! A few of them are SO close to surrendering to the Jesus. They understand it and want it; however, their biggest fear is often what their parents will say or do if they become Christians. Yet they are still seeking. It has been amazing this last week here to see how many have grown so much closer to becoming Christians, and how the believers have been strengthened in their faith as well. Our Bible studies have grown, non-Christians are asking to come to church with us and reading Bibles we have given them. What a joy it is to see God at work here!

The other night we had our first Iranian meal. The young lady we have been meeting with to discuss Christianity invited us over for dinner & she also had 2 others from her country there, a man and a woman. The 3 of them amazed me with their questions and yearning to know about our Faith. One of them already has a Bible that we have given for her, and the other 2 asked if they could have a copy as well. It is obvious to see that they are seeking in their heart for the Truth, and what a privilege it is to be able to share that with them! :-)

So, we are “wrapping up” our summer here. In 2 days we will get on a plane, and probably never return to these people. I have mixed feelings about this. Yeah, I miss home alot, I miss my people and my food. Selfishly enough, I miss my daily routines and living for myself. BUT God has called me away from that for a reason. The more I sacrifice here, the more I have seen the fruit of His work through us. People here are seeking, hungry for Truth like i have NEVER seen before. And this last week that hunger has been amplified x10. It feels like we are at the climax of our project, but in reality its the end, we are leaving. Who is going to tell them, teach them, love them, and show them the way? I know God has a purpose for using my teammates and I here this summer, some of the rewards are obvious. But it doesn’t stop here. Please pray with me that these students will keep seeking the Truth and that God will give them the boldness to surrender. Pray that God will our supervisor to continue with these students during her last 3 months here. Pray that God will send more laborers to the field here in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment